outbound calls drop exactly at 16 seconds

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mmcclure79, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmcclure79

Every outbound call we make from the 3CX Softphone whether internal or external drops at 16 seconds. Extension to extension calls (softphone to softphone) never drop. I've got 3CX installed on a Win Server 2008 R2 64 bit machine. Using Generic SIP trunk on a T1. The T1 is giving us a straight ethernet connection and both the SIP trunk and the T1 are provided by Windstream. Local ISP/Phone company. I have seen were it could be an ACK issue, or Keep Alives, but I have the Keep Alive set in 3CX. I can't see anything (obviously or I would have figured this out by now) in the server logs, the Softphone logs or packet traces.

I have attached the Server log during a call in question. This particualr one was with an external extension using the Tunnel and I'm not using STUN since I'm using a static IP and port forwarding. I could so use some insight on this issue.

Attached Files:

2. mmcclure79

Also in addition in the middle fo all this, the receiving end is not getting my caller ID info that I Had set. Just comes up as Restricted or Unavailable.

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Does this also occur on external inbound calls from Windstream? My guess is that there is an issue between 3CX and Windstream and that a wireshark capture may be needed to pinpoint the exact issue. I don't recall if Windstream was or is a sip provider that is certified with 3cx.

4. mmcclure79

It wasn't in the list of providers I know that. I'm migrating from a 3rd party hosting of our phones to hosting it ourselves. I wanted to get the system up and running correctly before transitioning to handling the incoming as well. The incoming are still handled by the 3rd party. So I can't test incoming at the moment. This is the only thing that has anykind of issues in the packets.

Code:
    No.     Time        Source                Destination           Protocol Length Info
         28 5.347976    Windstream          3CXInternalIP          SIP      341    Status: 480 No Routes Found    (0 bindings)

Frame 28: 341 bytes on wire (2728 bits), 341 bytes captured (2728 bits)
    Ethernet II, Src: Cisco-Li_e7:31:01 (c0:c1:c0:e7:31:01), Dst: Micro-St_47:33:a1 (6c:62:6d:47:33:a1)
    Internet Protocol Version 4, Src: Windstream (Windstream), Dst: 3CXInternalIP (3CXInternalIP)
    User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: sip (5060), Dst Port: sip (5060)
    Session Initiation Protocol

I'll have to get a cleaner scan and upload later.

Then hundreds of successful RTP packets going back and forth and then suddenly "No Routes Found"" pops up in the SIP protocol again, followed by more succesfsul RTP packets.

The attached file is from tuesday night.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Not sure that this will help, http://www.3cx.com/forums/strange-issue-call-drop-every-32-sec-please-suggest-why-11640-15.html#p122825

There may be other posts out there with similar topics as yours that may shed some light. Otherwise a detailed wireshark appears to be the only way.

6. mmcclure79

In speaking with my providor it seams to be an issue with their end as we spent an hour looking at packets together. All my traffic is going to them properly so it's their vendor. They're going to check on that end. It seemes that the ACK packets from them are not going in the right direction.

7. mmcclure79

So I have heard back from the provider. This would be their exact response

"It looks like the ‘to:’ field on your ACK response after the call connects is what’s causing the border controller to reflect your ACK back at you. Its got your own IP in it, so it’s just bouncing back."

Is there any way to adjust this?

8. fast5

Hi,

I just finished fighting with a Windstream SIP trunk in Akron, Ohio - I was experiencing exactly what you are describing here.

Try this: VoIP Providers --> [your windstream trunk] --> "Request Line URI: Host Part" and at the top change the value to "OutHostPort" --> Click Add/Update and give it a try.

If this doesn't work, I will be happy to share my other parameters with you.

Dana

--
    TF: 800 832-9101
    O: 216 832-4700 x 102
    F: 216 916-1016

Fast Blvd. is a service of AxisDev, llc.
    Your 3CX Certified Partner

9. executek

Re: Windstream SIP Trunk

Hi,

We have a private SIP trunk with Windstream via Paetec - they restrict their connections to our internal IP - I am able to register successfully with their SIP registrar server of 10.250.0.5 , but I cannot make or receive calls.

Call or Registration to 14102718078@(Ln.10000@VOIP) has failed. [ V4 10.250.0.5:5060 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=772 ] replied: 604 Does not exist anywhere; from IP:10.250.0.5:5060

Any thoughts or advice?

Much appreciated.
    Greg Hendrickson
    ghendrickson@executek.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.