• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound calls fail Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooby

Reaction score
Hi

My other post apears to have dropped off.

I have 3cx configured with a grandstream GWX 4104, this was working fine in the UK. However I have moved the confuguration to Spain and now I only get inbound calls via the PSTN.

I have checked as much as possible and it appears that the calls are goign to the grandstream box, in the correct format, and the fxo line is becoming acitve, all I hear on the phone is silence. Calls between extesnions work fine and calls via the VOIP line (inphonex) work fine. As far as I cna see (and I have tunred on verbose logging) 3cx is happy with the call to the grandstream. I have turned off all firewalls.

The only thing I am not sure about is how to configure tones on the grandstream and if they need changing and if that is the cause of the problem at all.

any help greatly apreciated as I am running out of time in Spain :)

scooby said:
Hi

My other post apears to have dropped off.

I have 3cx configured with a grandstream GWX 4104, this was working fine in the UK. However I have moved the confuguration to Spain and now I only get inbound calls via the PSTN.

I have checked as much as possible and it appears that the calls are goign to the grandstream box, in the correct format, and the fxo line is becoming acitve, all I hear on the phone is silence. Calls between extesnions work fine and calls via the VOIP line (inphonex) work fine. As far as I cna see (and I have tunred on verbose logging) 3cx is happy with the call to the grandstream. I have turned off all firewalls.

The only thing I am not sure about is how to configure tones on the grandstream and if they need changing and if that is the cause of the problem at all.

any help greatly apreciated as I am running out of time in Spain :)

Hi,

PBX doesn't handle (and have no chance to do it) analog circuits of your PSTN gateway. It can be done only using PSTN gateway configuration. Basically, PSTN gateway is a SIP wrapper over analog line.
Looks like your PSTN gateway waits for signal from line (dialing tone?)to start to place call. The line in the UK provided signaling expected by PSTN gateway, but the line in Spain doesn't.
You need to ask telco or grandstream about proper configuration of analog circuits.

I hope it will help you a bit.

Stepan

P.S. Your previous post is in the list of threads but cannot be opened. May I delete it?

Hi, please delete the other thread, thanks.

The main issue seems to be around tones, and the grandstream seizing the line, but hw to confugure this is a mystery to me. I have found the tone specifictions on the itu website, but it is very unclear how the syntax of this information relates to the configuration you enter in the grnadstream, again if anyone has experince of this, please let me know !!!! :)

Hi Scooby,

This FAQ might proove helpful, detailed the call progress tones for the difference countries

http://www.3cx.com/support/call-progress-tones.html

there is a field in the grandstream where you can enter these tones. I assume by default it ships with the US tones - modify the string displayed in the config with the tones values found in the database in the FAQ....

hope that helps

Hi Nick

Firstly thanks for your reply. I got in to changing the tones the next day, but did not seem to have a lot luck. I tried this database and the itu one, but some of the settings would not stick in the grandstream, I did a firmware upgrade , which was succesful on the grandstream and tried again but still no luck, eventually I ranout of time (I also emailed grandstream but have had no response whch is a bit poor). I am now looking for a 3cx partner in Spain as we going to switch to 2 isdn bri, giving us 4 lines., It looks like the patton box might be the best choice. Do you have a partner list for Spain?

Side note: I think this is great product , the grandstream let me down here, and I think you blog is great, striaght to the point.

cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your nice feedback! Identix is one of our partners in Spain - you can find latest list here
http://www.3cx.com/ordering/index.php

I do recommend patton - we also configure the tone sets out of the box. I am not saying the Grandstream wont work, its just that they have to provide the settings for Spain - did you contact Grandstream support yet? I assume they will have these settings for you.

That said, if you are going to use ISDN, you can go straight to the patton. Its an excellent device and you will see better performance from ISDN then analog anyway....

Nick

Try and set the following :

Wait for Dial Tone - Set to No
Update and reboot gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.