• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound calls failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvs4man

Reaction score
I have had my 3CX system working fine here at home behind a router.
I took it to our church/school, and now I am in our Domain there. I can receive incoming calls, but cannot make any outbound calls at all.

I have checked the 'Direct SIP' setting, which is set to the IP Address of the PBX, but still no luck.
When I try to dial-out, I simply get dead air. I increased the logging on the 3CX system, and when I try to make any calls outbound, nothing gets logged.

I do have an outbound rule that I kept from when I had it working here at home.
I also opened the right port, which is 69 to 50000 to be safe both here and at Church/School.

My configuration is the latest 3CX software with A580IP Siemens phones.

Is there something specific why this phone would not work in a Domain/Networked environment vs. here at home?
I saw an article link (wiki) on the 'Direct SIP' setup in the 3CX Coniguration, General Settings, Advanced, Direct SIP coniguration. Let me know if I need any MX records added to DNS, for some reason, or you have seen this issue before?

Let me know.

Thanks.

dvs4man said:
I have had my 3CX system working fine here at home behind a router.
I took it to our church/school, and now I am in our Domain there.

You took the whole system or just a set to use as an extension? What outbound service are you using, a gateway or VoIP provider? Does the trunk show as registered? What do the 3CX logs show when an external call is attempted?

AITech is the provider. I took the whole system from home to Church/School. The Notebook with the 3CX system and the 5 phones. I have only been testing with the one A580IP base and handset right now.
The Trunk status shows green. The extension status shows green.

At Home, it showed that when I was dialing out, the status would change under the Extension status. This time, it does not. When I try to dial-out, I just get dead air, and nothing shows up in the (Verbose - highest) level of the log.

I do get incoming calls. So I am not sure why the logs don't show anything from the handset.
The handset seems to be set right. The DOMAIN field for the handset is the 3CX PBX. I have tried putting in the Domain the PC is now in, but that doesn't work either.

Let me know any other thoughts.

Thanks.

Did you also take the router that you were using at home?

No. The router I used was a Dlink DIR-655 at home. I have a BEFSX41 at Church/School.
I worked with AITech Technicians, and brought an Unlocked PAP2T-NA Device here to test with. It worked flawlessly once configured. So since I could receive calls, it was the PBX to the phone that worked fine, and shows as registered. It is the outgoing calls having problems. The AITech guys cannot help me with that phone, but did recommend I verify any 'SIP Registration IP' issues, which they have seen as the predominent amount of problems.

I am going to check that, but don't see anything wrong from the original setup of that phone. So curious what I could change differently from the Siemens C470IP setup guide that is almost identical to this Siemens A580IP that is not working?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

If you can, take the router you use at home, to the new location. If it worked at home and still doesn't work at the new location with everything exactly the way it was at home, then perhaps it is the ISP. Is that the same in both locations? If it works at the new location with the router from home then you have to look at either a compatibility issue with the new router (some just don't play well with VoIP) or there are some settings that you've missed or misconfigured.
Are the IPs that same on both routers/ Do you have devices set for DHCP or fixed IP's. Some routers have a default IP range or 192.168.0.1 and up and others use 192.168.1.1 and up

The IP Addresses are not the same. It is clearly a communication issue from the phone to the 3CX system, but not sure what the phone settings that are wrong are doing.

Since the PAP2T-NA device is working fine, and I configured it for Line 1 to work, the analog phone plugged into it works for outbound and inbound fine.

So, that rules out the Firewall, the Trunk (provider), and only leaves this particular handset.

If anyone has worked with the A580IP phone and base station, please advise, since I like the Siemens A580IP well, and it did work fine before, it seems to be a SIP Registration IP issue moreso than the router.

Thanks.

Why don't you post the 3CX logs showing the attempted registration with the VoIP provider, that may give some insight into why it is failing.

That's the problem. There is no entries for making outbound calls in the logs. Otherwise, I would love to see some kind of rejection issue on outbound calls to tell me why it is not working.
I don't believe the A580IP device has any logging of sorts, so that is what makes this all the more difficult.

Not an outbound call, that could be another issue entirely. When you first start up 3CX (boot the computer or restart 3CX), the 3CX logs will (should) show an attempted registration with your VoIP provider. If that is failing, then the failure message may provide a clue as to where to go next.

Thanks Leejor. I gave up on the Siemens A580IP phones. I went with the PAP2T-NA Devices, and they work fine. I got regular DECT 6.0 phones to plug into them, so I am running on those now, due to the critical timing of my porting for our Church/School. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YBow
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.