• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound calls going to a record-route address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vancouver9018

Reaction score
I use thinktel for a voip provider. For host / IP if I enter edm.trk.tprm.ca (which resolves to 208.68.17.52) then when I place a call my INVITE packet gets sent to 208.68.17.52 as expected. But Thinktel wants to tighten their security and since the host name is inserted into the INVITE request line, this causes problems for thinktel. They want me to change my sip server setting to the IP instead of hostname. When I use 208.68.17.52, 3cx will then use 208.68.17.142 to place outbound calls. This .142 number is an internal IP for thinktel. The only reference I can find to .142 is in the SIP record-route header. I can't figure out why 3cx is choosing to use that instead of .52.

Hi,

Make a whireshark capture of one call and upload it here. Maybe we can figure out this way.

This issues is resolved now. Solution was to remove and re-add the Voip provider settings and now I can't get it to happen again. There was some sort of glitch where 3cx was incorrectly following the record-route headers. I walked through the pcap files several times comparing them against a working 3cx pbx. Every header looked correct, 3cx was simply trying to send invites to the wrong IP.

This problem was persistent across a pbx reboot and service pack updates from SP1 to SP5 (of version 10). And then re-adding the voip provider fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.