Outbound calls, rings other line, but unable to connect.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tj18, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj18

Hi,

Not sure how to explain this one, but just recently we began to have issues with outbound calls (it seems specific to landlines destinations only). Once a call is placed, there is no ring-tone. However, the phone is ringing on the recipients end. The line can either left ring or picked up, there is only silence for the sender.

• I've restarted all the services, and manually restarted the ones that failed to start automatically.
      I've then refreshed the registration with our provider.
      Then rebooted the system 3CX is hosted on.
      No work. Any ideas, please advise.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the issue is specific to landlines (calls to other numbers using same provider work fine), then I would have a chat with your VoIP provider. It would appear to be an issue at their end. Perhaps they have some bad trunks to the PSTN network?

3. mixig

mixig Active Member

Do you have more gateway to outside numbers? If you have try re-route landlines to another gateway to see is there a ring tone.

4. tj18

Sorry for delay! I must have toggled email notifications off and didn't think there was a reply here. Thanks all.
    I believe the PSTN need to be refreshed, the issue resolved itself later in the day. We have just the one provider gateway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.