Outbound calls to match DID as system config option - REJECTED

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by craigreilly, Sep 30, 2015.

Outbound calls to match DID as system config option - REJECTED 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Users often dial a DID but may not realize it is within their PBX - especially for large companies.
    As an option in configuration, it would be nice if outbound calls could check DID's first for a match before going to the Outbound rules.
    This would likely add some processing time to the outbound call, but could save money in the long run, especially if it is happening often on large systems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Re: Outbound calls to match DID as system config option

Completely agree!
    Example of this is our own office. We combined 4 of our offices onto a single 3CX install.
    We still have people in office A call the DID of office B.
    Sure they do extension to extension calling but if the extension doesn't answer they call the DID to ring all the phones in that office.

Would be nice to cut down on minutes used not to mention 2SC licenses being used. One for the call out, one for the call in.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. info3

This can be done by outbound rules quite easily (e.g. by stripping off the DID number and adding the bridge prefix - or do I misunderstand something?).

But in many installations only if the number of digits that can be stripped off are increased, as I suggested here:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/extend-number-manipulation-in-outbound-rules-41921.html

Maybe upvote this "idea" (not really an idea, because too simple to "invent" and realize in my opinion, actually)?

4. craigreilly

If you have 100 DID's, then you are suggesting adding 100 Outbound Rules?
    So we match an undetermined amount of numbers, (maybe 7, 10 or 11 in the US) then strip all of the numbers and replace with someones extension?
    We have created the inbound rules already - so it would be nice to use this as a basis and somehow say match 10 digits (in the US - as this is seeming more and more common than 7 digit dialing) - or perhaps an option. Not sure of the logistics.

5. info3

Please ignore my previous post, that was wrong/stupid (didn't fully understand the request), sorry for that.

I second this idea, but in a maybe more generic way. A quite elegant solution (in my opinion) would be, to add "internal" as additional route/destination in outbound rules. Together with a possibility to stip more than only 9 leading digits (see my previously linked idea), we could keep actually internal calls internal.
    Because this idea here is marked as "REJECTED", I will add this subject into "my" linked idea as amendment - maybe it will be heard there at least ;)

6. craigreilly

Even modifying the outbound rules could get tricky as our DID's have no correlation to our extensions.
    Our extensions are 100-199 and our DID's assigned end in 1431-1499 and 1650-1680.

Thanks for your interest....
    Bummed it got REJECTED so quickly without even a peep from the Mod.