Outbound calls to SIP addresses. How do I do it?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by datamerge, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datamerge

datamerge New Member

Hi All

I have set up direct SIP for both in and outbound by enabling direct SIP, configuring our domain, DNS SRV records, etc.

I am trying to make an outbound call to a remote sip address from my 3CX for Windows client. I have switched it to softphone mode so there is no complication with my handset. No matter what I do I get a "not available" message back from my ITSP, so th e call is still being sent through the default outbound route.

Is the Windows 3CX phone able to make SIP direct calls? Is the dialing construct simply name@domain, or sip:name@domain? I am a bit lost.

Mark

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Unfortunately the 3CX Phone does not support direct SIP dialing.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you tried passing the call through the 3CX PBX rather than calling direct from the 3CX Phone? If it is only a few destinations (IP's), you should be able to create a new trunk group to that IP, set to not register, then create outbound rules to send the digits correctly. You could even create (speed call) numbers where a short code is substituted with a longer number in the rules.

Of course this will get a bit complicated if you have more than just a few numbers (destination IPs) that you wish to call this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.