Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound calls to SIP addresses. How do I do it?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by datamerge, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datamerge

datamerge New Member

Hi All

I have set up direct SIP for both in and outbound by enabling direct SIP, configuring our domain, DNS SRV records, etc.

I am trying to make an outbound call to a remote sip address from my 3CX for Windows client. I have switched it to softphone mode so there is no complication with my handset. No matter what I do I get a "not available" message back from my ITSP, so th e call is still being sent through the default outbound route.

Is the Windows 3CX phone able to make SIP direct calls? Is the dialing construct simply name@domain, or sip:name@domain? I am a bit lost.

Mark

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Unfortunately the 3CX Phone does not support direct SIP dialing.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you tried passing the call through the 3CX PBX rather than calling direct from the 3CX Phone? If it is only a few destinations (IP's), you should be able to create a new trunk group to that IP, set to not register, then create outbound rules to send the digits correctly. You could even create (speed call) numbers where a short code is substituted with a longer number in the rules.

Of course this will get a bit complicated if you have more than just a few numbers (destination IPs) that you wish to call this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.