• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound Calls Without Prefix

Status
Not open for further replies.

murschil

Free User
Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm a little new to 3cx and i'm running 3cx v9 on windows server 2003. I'm trying to setup outbound calls without a prefix in front of the number. Did anybody know how i get that done?

A lot depends on the dialling requirements in your local calling area. You can just base outbound rules on the number of digits dialled, that can cause problems that you may not discover until later. If all local calls begin with the same number, then that can be used in a rule, the same thing can be applied to all long distance calls. It all depends on where you are located and the numbers you dial.

Hi,

it depends what is your national /local numbering plan. If you are located somewhere in Europe, where dialing long distance or local numbers is accomplished with dialing '0' and area code you may set outbound rule for numbers starting with '0' and omit zero digits (default is one digit).

If you are located in North America you can do the same with digit '1', if it is not in conflict with your internal numbers (and another rule for your local area code, i.e. 1-nnn-xxx xxxx; in this case the earlier rule should strip these four digits, i.e. '1nnn' and the next rule should allow passing of the whole number '1 nnn xxx xxxx', as dialed). It is good in this case to change the Prefix for external call (PEC) in Advanced settings | Custom parameters to '1'.

BR.

in the states it is pretty straight forward. just build the rules for the required dialing sequences and the Pbx will try to match them via the outbound rules in the order that the rules appear.

I want to thank you all for your replies; but for some reason that i can't discover yet, this process doesn't work for me. after the outbound rule is setup in 3cx, all i only got a busy signal when i tried to dial out or number is not exist. Any other ideas?

post your logs of a call as well as your outbound rules and trunk statuses.

What is the order of your outbound rules - the first met match is used. Could this be the issue?

murschil said:
all i only got a busy signal when i tried to dial out or number is not exist. Any other ideas?

What type of set are you calling out from? Some have internal "default" dialplans that may be incompatible with the digits you are dialling, and may need to be tweaked. If you look in the 3CX server logs and don't see a log of a failed call, then that might be your issue.

here is my call log:
08:42:56.769

[CM503020]: Normal call termination. Reason: Not found

[CM503016]: Call(30): Attempt to reach <sip:[email protected];user=phone> failed. Reason: Not Found

[CM503014]: Call(30): No known route to target: <sip:[email protected];user=phone>

08:42:56.754

[CM503010]: Making route(s) to <sip:[email protected];user=phone>

[CM505001]: Ext.1001: Device info: Device Identified: [Man: Polycom;Mod: SoundPoint IP Series;Rev: General] Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, unable-no-sdp, no-recvonly] UserAgent: [PolycomSoundPointIP-SPIP_550-UA/3.3.1.0769] PBX contact: [sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=TCP]

[CM503001]: Call(30): Incoming call from Ext.1001 to <sip:[email protected];user=phone>

08:25:07.769

[CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER 192.168.1.11 tid=-95f8c8b5 cseq=REGISTER contact

Doesn't look like your SIP trunk is registered since it is throwing an authentication error.

murschil said:
[CM503016]: Call(30): Attempt to reach <sip:[email protected];user=phone> failed. Reason: Not Found

Do you have a rule, similar to... digit "1", 11 digits long, remove none, prepend none, send out on your outgoing trunk group?

the outgoing line registered? it seems that the authentication issue might be to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artioslab
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.