Outbound calls

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by binary1, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. binary1

I'm thinking out loud as I look at the VAD manuals....

I'm trying to see how to make an external call from say a database or a list. Play a pre-recorded message and then throw the call to an IVR.

I've looked at the APIs and making an external call is fine, only thing is how to start the pre-recorded message and then control it to the IVR

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance.

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi,

When you launch an external call using 3CX APIs, you connect it to a 3CX extension. VAD callflows are extensions as well (they are registered as digital receptionists with a fixed extension assigned), so you can launch the call with 3CX API and specify to connect it to a VAD callflow extension, that should do the trick...

Give it a try and let me know if you have problems.

3. binary1

Hi, I've managed to get a simple queue set up as per the manual and was trying to connect calls together.

So what I've done is ...

851 is the VAD callflow which I've made
    100 is the extension number it's supposed to ring to and connect.

http://192.168.2.2:5484/PbxAPI.aspx?func=make_call&from=851&to=100&pin=

However, I get a screen which says that Originating number is not an extension!

Which is true fact as the 851 is a IVR (which is a virtual extension). Doesn't have a pin etc.

How do I then, do an outbound call, then pass it to 851 automatically.

I think I'm getting confused.

4. VAD_Support

Hi,

Something you can try is creating a dummy extension with a PIN, and configure a permanent redirect to the VAD callflow (851). Then you can make the outbound call from the dummy extension, and when it receives the call, it should be redirected to the VAD callflow.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks.

5. binary1

Great. Works well. Thank you for the guidance.

Is there also a way to change the prompt .wav based on the called number dynamically?

6. VAD_Support

The Prompt Playback component needs a fixed file name configured. You can use a Conditional Component to play different files for different caller ids, but they must be fixed. For example, you can configure the Conditional Component to play file A.wav when caller id is "55550000", to play B.wav when caller id is "55550001", and play C.wav when the caller id is something else. But you need to create the application with wav file names fixed (you can not for example play a file with a name created dynamically using an expression).

7. binary1

Thanks for the reply.

By the way, this VAD is superb. I think it's the best thing that I've ever got myself into!

8. VAD_Support

Thanks for your comments! It's good to know that you're finding it useful!

9. deyi

Hello,

I have a relevant question in the same context.

Suppose we are using the http api makecall request in our webpage. Obtaining the customer's phone number from our database and sending the httprequest for an outbound call on our side.
    http://192.168.1.4:5000/ivr/(S(slgktjlrux5sw3wivfrjfne1))/PbxAPI.aspx?func=make_call&from=100&to=004500556789&pin=1000

Let us assume this 100 extension is a dummy extension. How can we redirect this outbound makecall request to our Ring Groups or Queues?

Creating an on-demand outbound call service.

Any help is highly appreciated.

//Edit: We achieved what binary1 asked for for inbound calls with success but outbound call redirection is hard to figure.

10. VAD_Support

Hi,

You just need to create the extension 100 and configure the forwarding rules to premanently forward all calls to your ring group or queue. Then use the HTTP API to trigger an outbound call and connect it to extension 100. Because extension 100 is permanently forwarded to your ring group or queue, instead of connecting the call to extension 100 it will be connected to your ring group or queue.

Have you tried that?

Regards,

11. deyi

Hello,

Thanks for the answer, yes we were trying what you stated step wise, this scenario works for the inbound calls. But for the outbound makecall requests the dummy extension just drops the request instead of forwarding it to the queue evethough it is forwarded to send calls in outofoffice state (We have even tried it to directly forward to an agent presuming there could be a fault in the queue itself). Is there any other way to permanently forward calls or anything that we are missing?

12. VAD_Support

That was just an idea, I didn't try it myself, so I'm not sure if it works or not for outbound calls.

I suggest you to check the server activity log, maybe you find the cause of the call drop there.

Also, this is out of the scope of the VAD, maybe you can ask this question again in the general forum, there you will find more people able to help you with this.

Regards,

13. deyi

Ok thanks for the help. I posted this question to the general forums. I was just wondering whether this functionality available through VAD as well.

Regards,

14. VAD_Support

The VAD is designed to work with inbound calls only. It can't make outbound calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.