outbound CID not working correctly

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MMDTerry, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMDTerry

We have a recently set up V14 install that is using a broadvox(comcast) trunk, all is working great other than outbound CID. I put my DID in the "outbound caller id" under the "other" option for the extension. the trunk has an outbound parameter to use the "outboundcallerid" selected.

When I place a call it looks like the Pilot number is passed (possibly nothing, defaulted by carrier) as that's what shows up on the CID. Under port status it shows the virtual extension of "1000". so when i enter "810xxx1247" in the outbound callerid field i get our pilot number of "810xxx7653" on my cell's caller id info.

Now, if i go back to the extension options and add a "1" in front of the number in the "outbound caller id" field, or take a digit off, or enter "12345678" and make another call to my cell phone the caller id will display whatever I put in the field. the port status page still shows the outbound caller id as "1000". If i ad another digit and make my "outbound caller id" 1810xxx1247 then the caller id on my other phone will show it as 11810xxx1247.

If i enter a number 1 number higher than our did block, it works, but any number inside our did blocks will not work. so if i enter "810xxx1260" which is one number above our DID block the caller id will display "810xxx1260".

I seems that 3cx is not passing any numbers i have listed as a DID in the system. But any other random number will pass just fine. Is there a setting i missed or is this a bug?

RECAP.

numbers in our DID block will not pass, but any other random 10 digit number will. If i add a 1 in front of the DID number it will pass but will show as "11810xxx1247" and not "810xxx1247"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @MMDTerry

I believe the issue is that your provider does not allow you to send the DID numbers as caller ID's. If your provider allows it the PBX will send out anything you place in the field as you have noticed. I would contact them first and ask them if the accept the DID numbers to be sent as caller ID's

3. MMDTerry

Thanks for the reply, I'll check with them again, last time they said we could use whatever we want, they just advised us to not use toll free as they are prone to being blocked.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MMDTerry

according to them it is set to pass through mode and whatever they receive they use. I'm going to set up wireshark after hours tonight to find out for sure what is being placed in the headers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.