Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound CLI

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mitchellb, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitchellb

Hi Guys,

I am running a system with a native SIP Trunk with a local SIP provider. I have inbound and outbound DID working brilliantly, however I have 2 extension users who do not want to have their CLI displayed at all... it should show private/no number.

I had found a similar post in the forum from 2008 and 2011 which is a bit old so hoping someone can help me out or give me some advice?

Cheers and thanks

2. intellegens

You can add P-Asserted Identities to the VOIP Providers "Outbound Parameters" tab to accomplish this. Add appropriate entries in the User information area under Extension > Other

3. Mitchellb

;) Thank you. Will give that a bash.

4. Mitchellb

Hi Guys,

When i dial out using the Windows client and dial *5 before the number it works perfectly.
    When i prepend *5 in Outbound rules i get an error that the destination is not found. I tried using pauses "," as well with the same result.

Any ideas or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

cheers and thanks.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The *5 would be detected by 3CX and the remaining digits would be utilized by the outbound rules so trying to incorporate the *5 in the outbound rules isn't going to work. Haven't really looked at blocking a number on a permanent basis before so I'm not sure if there is a better method. there are a number of VoIP devices that have options available to block CID on all calls, and some that utilize an internal dialplan that that could prefix *5 to any outside number. I'm not certain that is going to do anything to help your particular situation.

Unfortunately, when the user no longer has the ability to turn CID on and off, they can run into a situation where the call will not go through as they are blocking their number.

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Do I read this right - 2 users want no outbound caller id?

Can you talk them into zeros <000-000-0000> and use the extensions caller id for outbound calls?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Mitchellb

Thanks guys, have offered the 000-000-0000 (i hope the provider will accept this) and also am investigating blocking the CLI in the settings on the Polycom IP331.

cheers

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Many people don't care what the originating number is, they will answer a call without looking, or don't have CID. However...sending all zeros, or some other obviously fabricated number is often asking to have your call ignored, or immediately sent off to voicemail.

If available, it might be advisable to make use of either a primary (main reception) company number, or even a fax number. I get "marketing" calls all the time that display a number that is not actually in service if called back. I assume that they check around to be sure that the number du jour that they are using, doesn't belong to anyone, then display that for a day or so before changing so that no one can block them

9. Mitchellb

Some good advice there, thanks Leejor. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.