Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound DDI selection

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by ezpc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. ezpc

One of the most requested features I get asked from from clients is the ability to select outbound DDI.

The only way I achieve this is by setting up multiple extensions, but, truth be told - it is an annoying compromise and is less than perfect. I would go as far to say, it is pretty much the only feature that a majority of standard PBXs do better than 3CX.

A lot of clients just want to add a prefix before dialing out - e.g. 9 for number x, 8 for number y... this can work through multiple trunks (and for one client I did it this way), but, it just passes the buck up one level and makes it more complicated elsewhere (e.g. simultaneous call tracking per trunk/possible multiple bills)

What would be good and I assume could work a lot easier is if you allow extra variables to be defined on the "Trunk > Outbound CID formatting" section so that I can do a rule for if dialed number is (9...) change outbound to xxx.

In addition, I believe (haven't verified for several versions) that by doing a number for outbound line, it bypasses the fraud/country code protection, so, it would be nice for a fully integrated supported feature.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...