Outbound Dialer caller ID and make call to a queue

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by gustavskii, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gustavskii

Hello
    I`m developing an Outbound Dialer
    I faced few issues that I`ll present below
    Description
    The Dialer suppose to:
    1. check time of the day and exit if not correct time (done)
    2. check if anyone available in the queue (done)
    3. check if at least one extension is available (done)
    4. get a number from txt file (done)
    5. Make a call using queue extension
    On the 5-th component I faced few challenges:
    1. During the call an agent doesn`t see the number that is being called, so he/she is calling blindly to a person
    2. If I`m using an extension of the queue in the "Make Call" component it connects to an agent first and then makes call to the number, but when a callee picks up he hears hold music, and not an agent. Agent, at the same time, hears nothing, it is blank. If the callee drops, the call ends for agent as well. The only way to make it work is for agent do not pick up the call until the callee picks up first, then it works as intended, but in real execution there is no way to know when the callee picked up.
    Please help with those two issues

Attached Files:

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @gustavskii,

I think that both issues can be resolved by inverting the "Origin" and "Destination" in the MakeCall component. Currently you must be setting:
    - Origin = internal queue extension
    - Destination = external customer number

3CX will call the Origin first and once connected, it will call Destination. If you invert Origin and Destination, the external number will be called first, and when the internal agent picks up, the external number is already connected. Also, when this happens, when the call to the agent starts, the other endpoint is established, so the caller ID is visible. In your current way of making the call, when the agent picks up, the external number is not connected, and then the Caller ID can't be seen...

Please give it a try and let me know if that makes it work as you need.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gustavskii

@edossantos Thanks, that worked, now it is working as intended

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.