Outbound Dialer CRM Integration

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Philip Darnell, May 14, 2018.

1. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You need to create an inbound callflow, and there you can use a Menu component or User Input component to ask for some DTMF input. If you don't receive anything, that might be a signal that you don't have a real user on the other side of the call...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Philip Darnell

Philip Darnell New Member

To do this would I need to set it up as another Voice App? or would I need the Make call function to go to another Voice App to process the user input?

3. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

A CFD project can have 1 dialer and 1 callflow. You can create your project like that. Then you deploy a single app to a CFD queue, and you configure the dialer to make calls between the external number and the project queue extension. This way, the call to the external number will be connected to the CFD inbound callflow, which can ask for DTMF input.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Philip Darnell

So on make call, I set 'Make call from' to the queue number of the CFD Project?

I've setup a inbound call flow in the same project to just play a main menu, if option 1 and 2 are selected it sets the status to 2 (Represents contacted), if no input is detected it will increment the counter from 0 to 1 if it then tries again and no input is detected it will increment from 1 to 2. Before making each call it checks status<2, so maximum amount of attempts will never be more than 2.

When I'm updating the database in the inbound callflow will I still be able to use the result I returned from the database access in the outbound dialer? I have set it up as below. Or do I need to get the number a different way:

UPDATE NumbersToCall SET status= 2 WHERE number_to_call='{0}'

Parameter: number_to_call getNextNumber.ScalarResult

5. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Actually, you need to set "Make call from" to the external number you're calling, and the Destination to the internal queue extension where you deployed the CFD project. This way, the call is made to the external number first, and only when it is answered it will connect the call to the CFD callflow. Also, this way you receive the external number in the callflow, which you will need in the next step.

No, the callflow and the dialer are independent and don't share any data. You need to take the number from the session.ani variable, which contains the number of the external party. This variable will only contain the external number when 3CX makes the call to that external number first, and then to the internal queue. Otherwise you will see "MakeCall" as the call origin (session.ani).

Kind regards.

6. Philip Darnell

Is the attached correct for this? If the CDF has the extension "800"?

How do I get the call origin from the session.ani? is it just the parameter, value I need to change from the attached (Capture1.)?

Attached Files:

7. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes, that is correct.

Exactly, you need to change the parameter value from "getNextNumber.ScalarResult" to "session.ani".

Kind regards.

8. Philip Darnell

All working so far.

They have requested that the automated message is personalised, so it could include the balance or customer name. For example: 'This is a message from ... to confirm this is MR SMITH please press 1.'

Is there anyway to insert any kind of text to speech in the message?

9. Philip Darnell

I have found an article regarding the text to speech functionality

10. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support