• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound Dialer Setup - Target endpoint cannot be built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkgroup

Reaction score
This is the first time I am using call queues to automatically make a call.
When I setup a very basic flow in callflow designer and attach it to a call queue I add as 810

upload_2018-10-10_16-21-48.png
and set the destination as a test number, and origin as an external number like this

upload_2018-10-10_16-26-8.png

It works, but in a clumsy way. First the extension signed to 810 rings (one of the extensions), then when I pick it up, it calls the external number. This WORKS, but not as planned.

Ideall I want the system to call the external number first, and when answered, the internal extension should ring.
So I set up like this by changing destination with Origin,

upload_2018-10-10_16-25-12.png

Create the queue under "Call queues" with extension 810
upload_2018-10-10_16-28-43.png

And set my extension 107 to it under .call queue agents
upload_2018-10-10_16-29-49.png

I also add an outbound rule for 810 with these setups:
upload_2018-10-10_16-31-4.png

upload_2018-10-10_16-31-24.png

And the end result is a failure:

"10/10/2018 4:23:48 PM - [Flow] Target endpoint for 0090554501xxxx can not be built!"

I am sure there is a basic issue, the SIP trunk is working on different outbound rules. Your help is appreciated!
Thanks,

SOLVED this,
But now, Agent and external number rings at the same time. Is there a setting to allow my extension ring only when the external number picks up?

Hello @gkgroup,

First, you should not use the same queue to hold the CFD app and have agents at the same time. You need 2 different queues for that. The queue holding the CFD app should not have any agents, otherwise it will not work as expected.

Second, outbound rules need to be applied to any extension, because when 3CX makes the call to the external number, the originating extension is not the number you specify in Destination, it's "MakeCall", which is a special service in 3CX that makes these calls. So you need to remove 810 from "Calls from Extensions" in your outbound rule, otherwise the call will never be made becasue there is no outbound rule for it.

Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.