Outbound Dialer

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by gustavskii, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gustavskii

When I set everything up as you have in the example from here:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/cfd-creating-outbound-dialer/
    Everything is working except it calls even when there are no agents available to take the call
    (for example if an agent logged out of the queue for some reason and all other extensions are on call it dials and puts customer on hold until somebody picks up the call, it builds up amount of calls in queues)
    Did I do something wrong?
    I used the code from the link to check for free extensions

Code that I used:
    using System;
    using TCX.Configuration;
    namespace OutboundDialerDemo
    {
    public class ExtensionStateHelper
    {
    public bool IsThereAnyFreeExtension()
    {
    return PhoneSystem.Root.GetDNByNumber("117").GetActiveConnections().Length == 0 || PhoneSystem.Root.GetDNByNumber("118").GetActiveConnections().Length == 0 || PhoneSystem.Root.GetDNByNumber("116").GetActiveConnections().Length == 0;
    }
    }
    }
    Is it possible to make the dialer to call only if an agent (agents) is logged in the queue and not currently on call (no matter of queue the call came from)

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @gustavskii,

The sample code provided checks if the extensions are in a call or not. But it doesn't check if the extensions are logged in to queues or not.

What you need is a bit more complex, please check this forum entry which describes pretty well how to check if extensions are logged in to queues:
    https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/find-amount-of-available-call-queue-agents.49551/

Also, if you can wait a few weeks, in the next release we'll be providing new components to check if some extension is logged in or not to a queue, so you will be able to do this without any coding... We don't have an ETA for this, but it will be included in the next release, as soon as it becomes available...

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.