Outbound Direct SIP Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by phxlad, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phxlad

I can make direct SIP calls from my Polycom phone and it appears not to go via the 3CX box. I want to be able to forward the call to a sip number. What "rule" do I need to use to enable outbound sip calls?

Note I do have the Allow calls to external SIP URL's checked and in bound SIP calls are working.

2. brianrowe

I am having the same problem. Would like to know what rule I need to setup to make outgoing sip sip calls.

3. phxlad

Do me a favor and post a reply if you ever get an answner because I still cannot get to do outbound SIP calls.

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You don't need any specific outbound rule. Just 'dial' external SIP address like Alice@somewhere.net, or Bob@62.64.18.27

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. phxlad

1. i have a unregistered phone with forward all calls enable to outside line name@sip.com
    2. Out bound rule where all calls from my extension go via broadvoice

If I dial the extension then Broad voice says you are unable to make this call.

The call works if i enter name@sip.com

6. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

We do not have 'Forward to SIP address' option for extensions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. brianrowe

This is not the best solution, but it works....

Setup a softphone like eyeBeam (you can setup multiple SIP accounts on one softphone) and then on the softphone forward that SIP account to the outside SIP URI you need the extension to go to.

As I said, not the best solution, but with one softphone you can handle multiple extensions.

8. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

TWIMC

By some strange reason I can not answer ICQ pager messages. So, please, either PM me, or use ICQ properly (not pager).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.