• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound fax capacity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrin

Reaction score
I'm running the fax server on Server 2008. It's running nicely, with one exception. We get peaks in our volume and forsee that we'll have long outbound fax delays at times. Is there a way to increase the number of outbound faxes that can go out using MS Scan and Fax with 3CX? It only sends one at time now.

We have a Patton 4960 T1/E1 gateway... and more than enough capacity on the circuit to allow for more volume.

Darrin

hello,

in 3cx v7.1.71 there is a fixed bug -> Fixed: Buffer UDP FAX Outgoing Faxes over Patton gateways ISDN 4960

do you have this version of 3cx system ?

if not test this, and reply to this post if it's better or not.

thanks

We are running the 7.1.71 build. My test may have been the issue. I queued up a number of faxes all to the same number. It appears as though it limits the number of outgoing calls to single number, which makes sense but didn't occur to me at the time. Our PRI will accept multiple inbound calls on single DID. Once I retried the test with different DIDs it worked as expected.

Now that I understand it a little more, is there a way to limit the number of outbound channels it will use at one time? ie: could I limit it to no more than 5 channels for outbound faxing for example?

Darrin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RTYYU908
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.