Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound fax capacity?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Darrin, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrin

I'm running the fax server on Server 2008. It's running nicely, with one exception. We get peaks in our volume and forsee that we'll have long outbound fax delays at times. Is there a way to increase the number of outbound faxes that can go out using MS Scan and Fax with 3CX? It only sends one at time now.

We have a Patton 4960 T1/E1 gateway... and more than enough capacity on the circuit to allow for more volume.

Darrin

2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hello,

in 3cx v7.1.71 there is a fixed bug -> Fixed: Buffer UDP FAX Outgoing Faxes over Patton gateways ISDN 4960

do you have this version of 3cx system ?

if not test this, and reply to this post if it's better or not.

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Darrin

We are running the 7.1.71 build. My test may have been the issue. I queued up a number of faxes all to the same number. It appears as though it limits the number of outgoing calls to single number, which makes sense but didn't occur to me at the time. Our PRI will accept multiple inbound calls on single DID. Once I retried the test with different DIDs it worked as expected.

Now that I understand it a little more, is there a way to limit the number of outbound channels it will use at one time? ie: could I limit it to no more than 5 channels for outbound faxing for example?

Darrin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.