• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsrobinson210

Reaction score
I am using a Grandstream 4108 Gateway to access 3 analog lines from Time Warner that are in a hunt group on our main number. I am using 6731i Astra Phones and the 3cx free version. I have an outbound rule that says if a 9 is dialed to route it out one of the lines in the Grandstream. Problem is...If I enter 9140755512345 and then hit dial, it never connects my call. What I have to do is enter 9 then hit dial wait for the dial tone then enter 140755512345. So needless to say I do not see the number that I dialed on the screen of the phone. I am not sure if I need some sort of delay, my outbound rule is wrong or it is a time warner issue? Time warner brings my lines in via cable/coax then converts them to analog with a box, kinda like a cable modem. They don't talk SIP or are able to do it.....For that matter understand what I am asking when I call and ask if they do it .....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

That sounds like an issue with a dialplan in the telephone itself. Were the sets used elsewhere before?

What usually happens is that you get dialtone, dial all digits, then either wait for the time-out (because the phone doesn't know if you've finished dialling) or hit # (or Dial) to tell the set that you've finished dialling. Many sets have internal dial-plans, that can be configured so that you don't have to wait after dialling. The same dial-plans can be configured to give you a "second" dialtone after dialling an access digit (like 9), but, all dialled digits are still collected and sent to the PBX at one time, as one number string.

does your outbound rule have the:

calls to number starting with as just 9
calls from extension to what ever you like
calls to number of length as 1 or 12 or what

make sure to strip the 9 when it goes out the rule.

Jeremy,
I have my outbound rule defined with "Calls to numbers starting with (Prefix) and then I put a 9 in that box.
And then I have Make outbound calls on my GrandStream_GXW4108 and stripping 1 digit.

I did make a change on the phones today I ticked the box for Send Dial Plan Terminator and Display DTMF Digits. It didn't really change much for me. I can see what I am dialing now...But I still have to hit "9" then hit the Dial button on the phone then wait on dialtone...then dial my 10 digit destination.

Thanks

GSR

At this point, it doesn't sound like a 3CX issue...
It sounds like you need to get into the phone and "craft" a dialplan that handles digits that way you want it to work, offhand ,they look pretty much the same as Linksys dialplans. If you do some searches, on the net, you will find additional information regarding the phones you are using. http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aastra+480i+Dial+Plan+Config

what is the call length? it should be set to the entire length plus the 9. you may also need to change the dialing type on the grandstream from 2 stage to 1 stage dialing.

The call length on the grandstream or the dial plan on my phones?

the call length on the outbound rule on the 3cx.

I don't have a call length set. All I have is a "9" in the box that says "Calls to numbers starting with (Prefix)" and then in the box labeled Make Outbound Calls on I have my GrandStream chosen and to strip 1 digit.

Ok I have this taken care of as well. I thought that some documentation I had found said set the GrandStream to 2 stage dialing. I set it back to 1 Stage and I am able to dial 94075551234 and then hit the dial key.

Thanks for all the input and help tracking this down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.