Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

outbound lines

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mikeradio, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeradio

Hello

Is there away that a group of phones can only dial out on 1 specific line? I run another small bussiness out of my main office. The small bussiness has its own phone line, so I created a group and the incoming calls are routed to the group. But when they dial out it will select any of my 6 other lines, then the caller id is wrong and the people we are calling are confused by my out going caller id number.

I have 2 4 port gateways for my 7 lines , the outbound rules will only let me select a gateway, not a specific port of a gateway.

Thank you

Mike

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Rather than having one trunk group with 6 members, you would have to break those down into multiple trunk groups in 3CX. You could have one group with 5 members and a second trunk group with one member. You would then set up outbound rules accordingly.

How you do this varies from Gateway to Gateway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.