Outbound not working only inbound calls (604 error)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chelseablue, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chelseablue

I have setup a new installation. I have the trunk registered and am able to receive incoming calls. However I can't place any outbound calls. I am getting the following error in the event logs:

Call or Registration to 1xxxxxxxxxx@(Ln.10000@MegaPath) has failed. 72.244.209.107 replied: 604 Does not exist anywhere; from IP:72.244.209.107:5060

Any ideas on what could be causing this? I have worked with my carrier and they said they aren't even seeing the outbound request hit their servers.

I have only 1 basic outbound rule configured at the moment. Should this make a difference?

Thanks in advance for your help. New to the 3cx platform and was thrown into the fire as our PBX died Friday and I'm scrambling to get our organization back online.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It is rather strange that they don't see a "request" if their IP is in fact 72.244.209.107, then they are sending back the SIP 604 message.

Are you sending them a valid number? The response would seem to indicate that it is not.

As long as your one rule can deal with any number you would normally dial, that need to route to them, then one rule may be all you require.

#2 leejor, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  3. chelseablue

The carrier is now saying that they aren't seeing any outbound call requests from our trunks. Not sure why then the 604 error is coming from the server I'm registered to.

4. chelseablue

I ran a packet capture while making test calls both from my provider and from a test SIP account I created with another provider. It looks like there are no DNS requests on my providers trunk whereas there are DNS requests with the test account. Any ideas what would be the difference? Both trunks are configured the same.

5. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

6. JCarnes

Was there any resolution to this? We have a MegaPath trunk on one of our old Elastix installs without issue, but we're getting the same error with outbound calls as is listed in the original post to this thread now that we are trying to add a MegaPath trunk to one of our 3CX installs. However, we have not yet contacted MegaPath support on this.

Edit.... I think I just figured out our issue... I played around with the outbound settings and set all the "Remote Party ID" settings to "Leave Default Value", and outbound calls are working properly now.

#6 JCarnes, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.