Outbound number with trunks

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 4Consult, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4Consult

Hi,

For a customer, I configured trunks for multiple phone numbers.
    I created inbound rules to connect the different inbound numbers to the appropriate extensions under the VoIP provider.

My question is:
    When a user makes a phonecall, the user must call OUT with a number for wich I created an inbound rule.
    How can I create an outbound rule for this?

Sorry if this is not very clear, I couldn't realy come up with a better explanation than this :(

Regards,
    Dennis

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Are you talking about caller id or the actual trunk itself?

IF you mean caller id then you set that on the "Other" tab for each extension.

If you mean to force through a trunk then you would have to set an outbound rule per extension and put in the extension number in the mask. Then choose the route (remember to strip digits of 0 in most cases).

So if ext 200 used trunka create a rule for extn 200 route through trunka, strip digits 0 (if he does not have to dial a code)
    and then ext 201 used trunkb so create a rule for that one in the same way.

If you are using a gateway such as the Grandstream, they round robin the lines internally but you can set a code (eg 991, 992 etc.) in which case you would create the same rule above, route to the grandstream and prepend the code in the route.

hope that makes sense to you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 4Consult

Maybe I can explain it better with a screenshot in the attachments.

What I want to do is route it through the 4Consult trunk and call out with the 788200001 number for example.
    When I just route it through that trunk, the call goes out with the 788200000 number.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.