Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound parameters problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aly@accendo.dk, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aly@accendo.dk

Hi

I´m facing a little problem.

I would like to show the Outbound Caller ID when my extension are making a call. By changing the following on My voip provider at Outbound Parameters:
    • Contact: User part – “OriginatorCallerID” Original Caller number will be sent
    • From: User Part – “OriginatorCallerID” Original Caller number will be sent
    • From: Display Name – “OutboundCallerid” Outbound caller id taken from Extension

Im able to take the information from the extension.

So far so good.

I found out that From: User Part – has to be set to "AuthID" authentication in order for me to make an external call in a queu. Let me explain:

I have created a queu that contains extensions where I have set mobilnumbers on. So when an external call is calling the queu the call is ringing at these extensions and set to call the extension mobile number. But in order for the call to be made I have to change From: User Part showned above, and then the callerid is not working anymore, it can only show the trunk main number.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanx

Alex

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Check the inbound parameters also. Also it is important whether you use DID numbers.

The outbound parameters have effect only in outgoing calls.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aly@accendo.dk

Hi

Im pretty sure that the problem is with the outbound. We are forwarding the call from the queu and by changing the sip information I can see when it working and when it is not.

On the inbound parameters I have not done anything.

Alex

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Inbound parameters are important and independent from outbound parameters. Modify the inbound parameters, if you do not see the desired information in incoming calls.

Regarding forwarding to mobile numbers, if 'originator caller id' is used in outbound parameters than most probably your provider is blocking the call (not allowing to transmit the caller-id). A possible solution is to set a valid 'outgoing caller-id' for each extension which is forwarded to mobile number (this caller-id will be seen on mobile phone).

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. aly@accendo.dk

Hi Agein

Now I will try to solve the problem by splitting the calls.

One trunk will handle all the calls and I will set the correct caller id.

But then I will set one trunk to handle the external calls redirected from my queu.

Can anyone tell me how to solve the following:

I have created a queu that handle our security call. When an external call is made - the call has to go out to a mobile phone. When this happens the number from the trunk is showed. I would like to see the original caller id instead.

Thanx

Alex

6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

This depends on your provider. Most providers will not allow it.
    Otherwise you need to send the 'Originator's Caller-ID' in outbound parameters for the trunk.

Regards

7. aly@accendo.dk

Thanx I will give it a try.

Alex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.