• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccomley

Reaction score
Is there any documentation on what the various values *mean* for this config area?

I'm trying to get outbound CLI working and I'm doing a "spot the difference" between two 3CX setups, one of which is working and one is not, they have the same Sip Trunk provider, so I should be able to get there...

The ONLY difference I can see is in the "Remote Party ID - Host Part", where the working PBX is set to "DevHostPort" and the non-working one (well it works but it always presents the *default* line CLI not the DDI set in the extension) is set to "GwHostPort".

But in all the places where the working PBX has a value of "Outbound Caller Id taken from Extension", the non-working one does too!

(It doesn't help that this table view within the dialog doesn't present in the same order on both machines, nor does it appear to be sortable by clicking on the column header as one would normally expect in Windows. )

Some ideas -

You do not indicate who the SIP carrier is. You indicate that one setup is working, the other not. Does this mean that you can make and receive calls, it is just the caller-id aspect that is not working on the one? Or does it mean that you can't make and receive calls either?

Assuming only the caller-id aspect, is it name or is it number of is it both? I assume number given the desire for extension (or DID entry) to show
IF you have access to the accounts at the SIP provider, you might check both accounts there as well as some providers control the ID from their end and some charge extra for whatever features you may be seeking.

Remote Party ID - Calling Party : Host Part "GWHostPort" gateway/provider host/port
Remote Party ID - Called Party : Display Name "OutboundCallerId" Outbound caller Id taken from Extension settings in management console

The carrier is Gamma, and both sites work for making and receiving calls, it's just the presented CLI we're worried about.

In both cases Gamma don't care what number we present so long as its one of the numbers assigned (for inbound calls) to the trunk.

OK - I now know that the Sip Trunk provider is looking for a specific string (it can be anything we choose but it has to be unique to the *extension* so ideally, the "Outbound CLI" as entered in the Extension/Other config box) where, currently, we're sending a string which is actually the SIP "user" name for the trunk. i.e.

We're sending (according to Wireshark)

From: "1234123123" <sip:[email protected]:5060>"; tag=121212

The number "1234123123" is what we're putting in "Outbound CLI" *but* the call controller is ignoring that and searching in stead for the "xyzabc" which is the sip username for the trunk.

I need, in brief, to put "Outbound Caller ID" in where it's putting "Sip username".

Is that the "From: User Part" parameter?? (And, presumably, where we're *currently* putting the cli, is "From: Display Part"?)

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.