Outbound phone number not being sent

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by caseyzehrer, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caseyzehrer

Hi All,
    I apologise for my ignorance in advance, I have no real knowledge of what I’m doing.

I have signed up for Callcentric and it is registered. I can receive incoming calls just fine. When I place an outgoing call I get the Callcentric operator saying “the number dialed is disconnected or no longer in service.”

I then logged onto the Callcentric website and looked at my outgoing calls and see that only the last three numbers of the phone number are being dialed. This is true on all three phones that I have tried to make outbound calls and am not sure what to do (nor do I know what information to provide you with) to get this fixed.

Thanks for any help you may offer!
    Casey

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Make use of the 3CX server log to see what you are sending out to your provider. The Outbound rules allow for both the deletion and addition of digits before the number is sent out. If you are dialling the number, on the set, exactly as you want it sent, then you need to be sure that the rule you are using, is set to delete zero digits.

Post the log showing an outgoing call if you still can't get it working and you don't understand the log.

3. caseyzehrer

Ok, so I learned that I didn't have the outbound rules set up correctly - needed to prepend country code if it's not dialed.

Thanks for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.