• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

outbound pin code

Status
Not open for further replies.

adminbod

Reaction score
Hi - we have a small call centre that make lots of outbound calls on behalf of lots of different clients.

The agents all multi-task, so for one hour they may be making outbound calls for clientA then the next hour they will be making calls for clientB etc.etc

At the moment our old legacy PBX has a "force outbound pincode" option on each extn which, as the name suggests, forces each agent to enter a pin code before they dial a number- each pin code is unique to that particular client. We can then use the reporting software to filter outbound calls by the pincode to give information of number of calls made per client

I've been keeping an eye on the 3cx releases over the years and keep waiting for this to appear - but unless I've missed it, am I right in thinking that at present there is no way to replicate this "outbound pincode" feature?

regards...

You could accomplish something similar using outbound rules. You'd create a number of outbound rules, each with a prefix specific to each client or agent. That prefix would be stripped off before the digits are sent out.

I'm not sure that will work. The reporter will not show the code only then final outbound number.

thanks for the idea - I'll try the outbound rules, but as willow says i don't think the reporter will show the prefix code...

unless I'm mistaken, making outbound calls that need to be accounted for and tracked in this way is a relatively common occurrence (call centres, law firms etc...) - I've found posts from other users requesting this feature and I'm suprised its not included. I can only guess that it presents a significant coding issue for the developers?

regards...

dial codes has a billing code option by default **. So when you dial a number "177732344" you would do "177732344**320" with 320 being the billing code. The call is completed as normal stripping **320 but in the call log reported it will show up in call history with the dial code.

Works perfectly. i just had to add a outbound rule to allow for the extra digits and it worked well.

yes, many thanks, this seems to work.

I now need to be able to produce a meaningful report for these billing codes so we can show each of our clients a summary of the calls we have made for them.

I need to be able to filter the calls based on a start/finish period and the **billing code. The resulting report should then show total no. calls, total ring time, total talk time & total call cost.

I can't see that level of filtering in the log reporter, so I guess I'll have to export the data as a csv and use something like excel to pick out what I need ?

regards...

hey @willow is it true that we allow extra digit and it words well?

adminbod said:
I can't see that level of filtering in the log reporter, so I guess I'll have to export the data as a csv and use something like excel to pick out what I need ?

regards...

Yes this is how you will end up sorting the reports.

yep. for example normally i have a rull to allow 9 plus 11 digits( 12 total) for a normal call and strip the 9. I had to add a rule to allow 9 +11 digits plus **then a 3 digit code (17 digits total) I then moved the code to the top of the list and it worked perfect.

Hi - just installed the new v10 in demo mode...

I noticed in the PDF manual on page 13, the last entry under the new Call Center Edition features section says :
• More extensive reports

does anyone know where/what these are? Log reporter looks the same as the previous version to me.

thanks.

adminbod said:
Hi - just installed the new v10 in demo mode...

I noticed in the PDF manual on page 13, the last entry under the new Call Center Edition features section says :
• More extensive reports

does anyone know where/what these are? Log reporter looks the same as the previous version to me.

thanks.

The New Call Reporter has not been implemented yet. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.