Outbound Proxy Port (default is 5060)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bob, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Bob

Bob

Hi,

The latest version still leaves the "Outbound Proxy Port (default is 5060)" field blank when creating a new VoIP Provider.

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

What do you expect there?

3. Bob

Bob

I would expect it to do one of two things, but not what it is doing.

1. It could be like the field below it that states "
    STUN server Port (default is 3478)" and then prefill the field with "3478".

2. It could do as it says and accept a blank entry as the default is "5060".

But it does neither of these things. Therefore there is no "default" setting as the user must make an entry.

4. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Whenever you choose a VoIP provider that is listed in the list (example Broadvoice, sipgate etc) rest assured that the default settings are set and if the Outbound Proxy field is ghosted or blank, then it will work because it has been previously tested that way with success.

However if you want to change this setting you can edit it later after the line is created. Have I misunderstood your query? It is in fact set as default 5060 altough the field is blank.

What VoIP provider are you using Bob?

5. Bob

Bob

I'm using a generic template for VoIP Buster.

Because the field description is "Outbound Proxy Port (default is 5060)" and has a blank entry in the field, I naturally would think that I need not make an entry because the default will be 5060 unless I say otherwise.

But this isn't the case, when I click the "next" button, a pop-up displays that reads "Ports must belong to 0-65535 range" and the field description turns red in color. The only way to get past this error is to enter 5060 in the field.

So my point is, the field description is not true. There is no default as I must make an entry.

The field below this has a description of "STUN server Port (default is 3478)" but the template prefills this field with 3478 and therefore works correctly.

The fix is to prefill the "Outbound Proxy Port (default is 5060)" field with 5060.

6. nickybrg

3CX Staff

Hi Bob

I just tested this - I created a generic voip provider line leaving the field under question empty. (where the default is 5060).

It did not ask me to fill in a port - I proceeded normally to the next setting page. I cannot replicate the problem.

Maybe you are using the older version of the 3CX Phonesystem? Can you check your version number? current version is
    3CX Phone System Version3.1.2434.0 - last ver uploaded last week.

However just for appearance (to make it like the field below) we could add 5060 to the field like the 3478 below it. I will take care of it.

7. Bob

Bob

You'll first need to make an entry in the "Outbound Proxy Hostname or IP" field and THEN leave the "Outbound Proxy Port (default is 5060)" field blank.

8. nickybrg

3CX Staff

ok - you're right - It asks you to enter a port number.
    I have escalated this to development.

Thanks and regards