Outbound PSTN calls through SPA3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by elavalle, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elavalle

Hi 3CX/VOIP experts,

I've started testing the 3CX system with my SPA3102. I configured my SPA3102 and 3CX system as described in the post in the 3CX section.

The issue that is driving me to insanity is... I am able to receive PSTN calls through my 3CX extensions fine, but when trying to dial "9,XXXXXXXX" on my 3CX client I get an "temporarily unavailable"

On the Server Event Log I get:

Event Type: Warning
    Source: 3CXPhoneSystem
    Description: Call or Registration to XXXXXXXX@(Ln.10000@KrustyHouse) has failed. [v4 0.0.0.0:0 UNKNOWN_TRANSPORT target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=0] replied:408 Request Timeout: internal

My SPA-3102 has sw ver 5.2.13(GW002) hw ver 1.4.5(a)
    Line 1 is disable
    PSTN Line is enabled
    VoIP-To-PSTN Gateway is enabled
    One stage diabling is set to Yes
    Voip Caller Auth Method "none"

On my 3CX the port/trunk shows "registered (idle)" and green. configured as a Gateway.

Hope to get insight for this issue...

Regards,
    Enrique

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

"KrustyHouse" should be the local IP of the 3102. Check the 3CX trunk settings for this trunk and be sure that you put in the fixed IP (and correct port) that you assigned to the gateway.

Gateways behave differently than ATAs in that they do not solely rely on (received) registration information when sending outgoing calls. You must specify the destination.

3. elavalle

Thanks Leejor.

The IP address of the 3102 is fixed and seems to be configured correctly in the VoIP/PSTN Gateway section of the 3CX system. (attached a jpg with a snapshots)

The only thing I found to be a mismatch was between the SIP port of the 3102 (5062) and the gateway port configured in the 3CX system (5060) [also a snapshot attached], should this be the same, even though the 3102 is already registered fine?

Thanks for your keen comments...

Regards,
    Enrique

Attached Files:

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You need to change the 5060, in the 3CX trunk settings (gateway port), to 5062, so that it matches what you have set, in the PSTN portion, of the 3102.

5. elavalle

That did it... thanks Leejor for taking the time! and I my apologies if it was too trivial.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's not trivial, if it's not working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.