Outbound Route contains unknown IP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aoiadmin, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoiadmin

When making outbound calls the Route 1 field contains an unknown IP. I traced the IP and it's located in Pakistan. If I restart the 3CX PhoneSystem service it clears out the bad IP and start working like normal again. The problem will eventually come back but not always with the same IP, but always one that's registered in Pakistan.

Here how the route looks in the activity log:
    10:56:23.445 [CM503004]: Call(891): Route 1: Unknown:12244011571@(Ln.10003@ISDN)@[Dev:sip:10003@192.168.168.129:5066,Dev:sip:10002@37.8.62.9:11342]

The 37.8.62.9 address is the Pakistan IP.

This is the first time that the bad IP has been in the last half of the route. It's usually in the first part and then all outbound calls are delayed about 20 seconds while it waits for the route to fail. Then it moves on the the second half and connects.

I've ran MalwareBytes and done a complete virus scan with Symantec Endpoint Security and found nothing.

Any thoughts how I can prevent this from continually happening?

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Change password for all lines of "ISDN" gateway. Then re-provision (or reconfigure) the device.
    Are you sure that the password for 10002 is not "trivial"?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

OK, what version of 3CX?
    What is the router make and model and did you run the firewall test and did it pass?

Need more of the log to really get a feel and preferably along with a wireshark capture.

4. aoiadmin

Ok, so I didn't set this up and kind of inherited control when the Voice guy left, so pardon my lack of knowledge.

SY,
    From what I can see, there is no password set for either ISDN line. If I add one, who or what needs to know the password so that calls still flow?
    What do you mean my re-provision the device?

Ineblett,
    V10 SP6
    No router, both lines are PRI's.
    Don't know the results of the firewall test.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Oops. My error as I should have picked up on that when ISDN was mentioned. I was focusing in on the IP aspect and overlooked the reference.

I see SY has picked it up and has offered advice, so I will bow out as I have nothing better to offer at the moment.

6. aoiadmin

Thanks anyway lneblett. Hopefully SY can save the day.

7. aoiadmin

SY,
    I can see where to add the password in 3cx but I can't see where to apply it in Netborder Express. Would you, or anyone else, know where that's located? We have an A102 card with two ports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.