Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound Routes for South Africa

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PITC Voip Admin, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PITC Voip Admin

Hi All,

I was tasked with finding a voip server solution am in the process of testing 3cx solution.
    I wonder if there is anyone that can assist with outbound call routes for South Africa
    the 3cx software is the perfect software for us at the moment however we are only having problems with
    calling mobile numbers.

This is original route i created
    attachment_1

I was using it as a test before going live but only the 031 numbers seem to be routing properly
    attachment_2

Any Ideas ?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpeg
      1.jpeg
      File size:
      41.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpeg
      2.jpeg
      File size:
      180 KB
      Views:
  2. 3ctech

Hi There

A general rule for south african land lines and cell calls would be any call starting with 0,1 and is 4-10 digits long will utilize route (Sip trunk here)

This would bar international numbers as they are longer than 10 digits. This can be edited accordingly in the rule or a second rule added if you wish to limit most users to local only calls.

This rule will allow any number between 4 and 10 digits starting with 0 or 1 to be dialled. The routes are any trunks you have set up so if you have 2 trunks set up you can use 2 different routes out so if the first fails or is congested it will try the second route.

See below:

upload_2017-1-23_14-48-17.png

PITC Voip Admin likes this.
  3. PITC Voip Admin

this is so so awesome thank you it worked like a bomb!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.