Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound Routing One Account multiple DID's

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

I have a single SIP account with FlowRoute with two DID numbers. The Trunk Name is “FlowRoute” and the DID’s are 818-111-1111 and 702-111-111. From extension 300 I would like to route it to the 818-111-1111 DID and for extension 400 route it to DID 702-111-1111 but my only option is to route it via the Trunk Name “FlowRoue”, is my only option to have two separate Accounts (Trunks) with a single DID

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you tried changing the number to be displayed, in each extensions settings to reflect the CID you want sent? I'm assuming that outgoing on either channel is billed to one account and that the DID portion (being able to route by the dialled number to the proper extension) is why you are paying for DIDs

3. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you want to present a different Caller ID when a Ext 300 and 400 call out, you can set the Caller ID each extension present from the Extension Settings of each extension from the "Other" tab.

It is worth mentioning that although the software will let you write any number in that field, a lot of Providers only allow you to present a number that you own (a DID that you own).

4. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

One SIP Account/Trunk

Extension Other - I can put a DID I have in the Outbound Caller ID FIELD and using this number the SIP Trunk Provider (FlowRoute) will lookup a caller ID in a CNAM data base and set this value as the caller ID.

the two DID numbers

8188823686 CNAM Value = "COMP SYS MGMT"
    7023574256 CNAM Value = "Home Automation"

Flow route looks these up and places their values in the caller ID which is fine but I would like to add additional Information based on the extension for example

CNAM Value + SALES
    CNAM Value + John Jones Sales

etc.

Is this possible

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can change any sent name display by entering the corresponding incoming number in the 3CX directory. The name you enter will replace the name sent by your provider. Other than that, ring group and queue, and DID names can be added on to sent name and number. The set display (size) may limit the number of character used. Too many, and characters may get "pushed" off the screen.

http://www.3cx.com/docs/trunk-management/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.