Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound rule by time or day?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aznarepse, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aznarepse

Hi all,
    well, I have almost finished setting up my system with a SPA 3012 and 3CX in a 2003 box.
    I have to providers, one VOIP and one PSTN.
    When I use the hard phone attached to the SPA3012 the call comes into the 3CX and it is routed either to the VOIP or back to the SPA3012 and from there to the PSTN line.

Is it possible to make and outbound rule based in time and/or day of week?

What I want is that depending on a calendar, the calls from the hard phone will go to the best option (VOIP/PSTN).

Any advice please?

all the best,
    Adan

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I dont think that is possible with just outbound rules.

You can use prefixes though and control it manually. So have two outbound rules with a different prefix and dial the prefix plus the number to control which outbound rule you use.

We have outbound rules based on numbers dialed to go through different voip providers and even an international bridge, but not based on time of day.

You can also put in a feature request at http://3cx.ideascale.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aznarepse

Hi Mark,
    thank you very much again for your help! I indeed have a filter by prefix. I just wanted to "automatize" it.
    I have thought in a way arround by using the forwrd options of an extension and the status (away, of the office, etc)

All the best,
    Adan

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A crude way to do it would be to make the 3102 a first choice in the outbound rules. Put the AC adapter on a digital timer. When the power was off, the trunk would not be registered (shorten the registration time), calls would be forced to the second choice VoIP route. The only drawback would be that you couldn't accept any incoming calls, unless...you brought the same phone line into 3CX on a second gateway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.