Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound Rule Issue?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by breitenbush, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breitenbush

Greetings
    I'm configuring my 3cx system for the first time. I've read over the manual and several forum posts, but can't seem to address this issue. I think I'm having problems correctly configuring outbound rules to work with my gateway. The goal is for me to have one remote IP phone and one Gateway which combined will allow me to push one of my local PBX extensions out to a remote location.

The IP Phone is a UniData WPU-7800
    The Gateway is a Grandstream GXW 4104

The phone registers successfully both within the LAN and outside the LAN from other public access points. I can also make calls to the IP phone from other extensions on my local PBX. The problem is I can't seem to make calls from the IP phone to PBX extensions (though I have managed to call in to the virtual extension of the gateway from the IP phone and got the voicemail attendant).

A related issue is that looking at the logs I see that incoming calls from the IP phone are typically being rejected as "unrecognized", and am also seeing messages that the request rate is too high and my phone's IP address is being blacklisted for 334 seconds.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks much.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Can we see a 3CX log of one of the call attempts?

Are you sending the calls (from the remote extension) to a static public IP (3CX end), or are you using a Dynamic IP service?

What issues are you having with the gateway and outbound rules, you haven't mentioned anything involving that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.