Outbound rule question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sunstate, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunstate

sunstate Member

I have a system with 15 three digit extensions (100-114). There is a single outbound rule set for a prefix of 9 to go out a Grandstream gateway. I would like to change the rule from the prefix of 9 to Numbers with a length of 3 (911), 7, 10, and 11. But if I do this, will 3CX then send the 3 digit extension to extension calls out the gateway? Or is it smart enough to know that 1xx is an extension and routes it accordingly?

If it won't route the 3 digit extension to extension calls correctly, can I just make a first outbound rule for 911 (Numbers starting with 911), and a second rule for Numbers with a length of 7, 10, and 11?

The whole reason for this is to eliminate the 9 prefix for outbound calls so that redialing from the phones missed call log will work.

Thanks,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. carolinainnovative

Create a rule as such:
    Calls to number starting with (prefix): 911
    Calls to Numbers with length of: 3 (or leave blank)
    Route 1 grandstream strip digits 0 (very important) - no prepend (obviously)

3. sunstate

sunstate Member

So like this, right?

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. carolinainnovative

I'd put in length of three and maybe add one for 9911 length four (sorry, just thought of that one) in case someone decides to dial 9 before 911 - but other than that - yeah, you have the idea.

EDIT - and make sure you have the four-digit 9911 rule STRIP the prepending 9 before sending it to the gateway.

5. sunstate

sunstate Member

Awesome, thanks man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.