Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound Rule Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gschwab, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gschwab

gschwab New Member

I have 3CX version 10 service pack 6 up and running thru a Grandstream 4108 gateway with 4 PSTN lines connected, NO VOIP service. I am using 2 Yealink T38G and 5 T20P phones. Everything is working fine, inbound, outbound, auto attendant. All is well but I can't seem to figure out if it is possible to route certain outbound calls to a specific PORT or channel on the gateway. we have two lines that have unlimited long distance and two that don't so I would like to route all long distance calls from any extension to line (or channel) 3 or 4. Is this even possible with my current setup?
    Thanks in advance
    George

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that you have the gateway configured as one trunk group. You would have to split up the existing four members of one group and create a two groups of two trunks, or one of two, and two of one member each.

3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

You can simply set up and outbound rule, and dial like a 9 first before any LD calls. By doing so you can designate those oubound calls to those two ports.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. willow

willow Member

you will need to set up two trunk groups in the 3cx and the grand stream and then use outbound rules to route accordingly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.