Outbound Rule Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Death Inc, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death Inc

I'm new to this stuff and this is my first time, so please be gentle.
    I have 3CX (version 6) running with several phones on the network as a test bed.
    We have a Patton SN4112 gateway with 2 PSTN lines at present.
    VOIP has not yet been set up - we still shut down in weekends over here.

So anyway, everything is working sweet, What an AWESOME piece of software!!! Installed sweet, intuitive and easy to configure, excellent help.

Anyway, now to a little issue I am having trouble working out.
    Outbound rules.
    As I say above, I currently have 2 outgoing PSTN lines.
    They both have different rates for different usage.
    In the outbound Rules area I can only see a way to send a call to the SN4112 gateway, but no way to tell it which line to use.
    3CX knows about each individual line and I can of course route incoming calls from any line to any extension etc and I can block 3CX from sending an outgoing call to a particular line.
    Ideally (with current billing rates), I should like outgoing mobile and national calls to default to VOIP (once set up), then to PSTN line1 then PSTN line 2.
    Whilst outgoing local calls to default to PSTN line 1 then to PSTN line 2 then to VOIP.
    But the only option I see in Outbound rules is to send the call to the SN4112 itself, not a particular line on the SN4112.

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Currently it is not possible to select specific line for outbound call. We're working on it. Problem is that some PSTN gateways have no way to select outbound line, we're looking for workaround to it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. galal202

galal202 New Member

Hello
    I have grandstream gxw4104 and have the same problem

4. Nebula

Nebula New Member

If least cost routing is important to you and will provide significant cost benefit a workaround would be to install a second gateway to separate the PSTN lines. I realise you are using one of the best (most expensive) gateways in the Patton but a cheaper Linksys would do the job especially if the developers are looking at this issue and may eventually provide a solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.