Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound rule(s) to internal destinations

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by leejor, Feb 23, 2017.

Outbound rule(s) to internal destinations 5 5 23votes
5/5, 23 votes

1. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It would be a great help, if within the destination choices of the outbound rules, in addition to trunk routes, you could direct to an internal number. this could be an extension, ring group, digital receptionist or queue, as required. The rules would also have to allow for the deletion/replacement of all dialled digits (14 or more numbers).
    As an example, this would allow a company to force calls dialled to one of it's own toll-free numbers back into the correct internal destination. While this can be accomplished with a SIP loop trunk, it requires two licences per call.

craigreilly likes this.
  2. Patrick Hogan10

+1 Great idea.It would be a lot more convenient.

3. intuidis

+1
    Our customers don't understand why they can't call DID numbers from inside !
    So for extensions we can set a SIP-ID that matches their DID, so it works.
    But for groups / queues / audio conference etc, it would require dummy extensions... :(

It would be nice to make rules that apply to inside calls (rewrite called number / redirect to DID behavior), with something that looks like the Outbound rules wizard...
    This may also be used to block or redirect calls to a destination from an extensions group to inside numbers

4. critter

+1
    It would be great to play a custom message instead or before placing the external call to the dialed number.

5. datamerge

datamerge New Member

It would also save on creating dummy extensions for park positions. I.E. SP0, SP1, etc (providing alphanumerics were allowed as substitutions).

6. Jeremy Nelson

Actually, is it too much to ask to have an option to put such rules automatically in place? I guess I could see some people NOT wanting this, so it should remain an option, but it would be brilliant if the system were smart enough to realize that this DID is one of my own, so I'll short-circuit the trunk and call the internal extension instead.

7. Jeremy Nelson

8. Tifoso

this function should work. Important!

+1

9. TWU

TWU

Yes, please increase number from 9 to at least 20!

Benedikt Machens likes this.
  10. Brian Buell

+1
    This would also work work for numbers that should not be called and route to an Internal IVR. (Internal Do Not Call List)

11. mickymac