Outbound rule(s)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cfive, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfive

cfive Member

Hi,

I have a Patton 4114 4 FXO gateway.

3 of the PSTN lines (ports) belong to entity A, while the 4th belongs to entity B.

I can route the calls OK on the incoming side, but can't seem to find a way for outgoing calls. When I attempt to create an outgoing rule, the only "route" available is the Gateway itself, not the individual ports on the gateway.

Is there a way to tie certain extensions to certain port(s)? I might be in some trouble if not ;-(.

Thanks, Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

You can drill down the outbound rules by extension, or you can isolate the lines using a prefix.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cfive

cfive Member

Hi,

Yes, thanks, I can see that - but when I get to the "route" part of the rule - only the gateway device is listed, not the ports on the device.

Should I be able to select the individual ports?

Thanks - Les.

4. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

When you added the Patton, did it create multiple trunks or just one?

If it didn't, then you have to split each port off on the Patton. I am not 100% sure how to do this.

5. cfive

cfive Member

The ports/trunks status shows 4 "virtual extension numbers", so I presume they are split out. While the virtual extension numbers are all unique, the "Name" field is the same for all 4.

- Les.

6. cfive

cfive Member

I found this: http://www.3cx.com/forums/routing-outbound-calls-to-particular-ports-on-pstn-gateway-10070.html#p51719 in the partner forum.

Basically, add the Patton, but remove the port(s) you don't want in this "route". Keep at least 1 port, though ;-). Add it again, different name, same idea. You end up with multiple gateways and can now specify each as a "route".

Thanks, Les.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.