Outbound Rule Setup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dieselti, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dieselti

Sep 7, 2010
    I need help with the Outbound rule setup for local calls. With our phones you need to dial a 9+1+(area code)+(7 digits).
    I have tried many different sequences in outbound rules and none of them will dial out. Could you let me know what the setup should be if my prefix is 952?

Call numbers starting with...?
    Calls from extension...(I have this as blank)
    Call to numbers with a length of...?
    Strip digits...?

This is what the log continues to say as I try different options.
    Active calls counted towards license limit: {}

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2008
    I take it that both local and long distance calls require the 1? If so then one rule will do both, you won't need one for local calls unless you want to restrict people from dialling LD. rule (create a name), for digits 91, 12 digits in length, strip 1 digit (the 9) and prepend none.

If you want a rule for local calls only and you have one or two area codes (say they are 212 and 413) then you create two rules. Rule one, for digits 91212, 12 digits in length, strip 1, prepend none. Rule two for digits 91413, 12 digits in length, strip 1 , prepend none. You can narrow that down even further, if say, your town only used one prefix, all numbers were, say 212 952-xxxx. You could have a rule for digits 91212952, 12 digits long, strip 1, prepend none. That would only allow calls in town. You would have to create a rule, with perhaps a different access digit, maybe 8, for long distance. You could then restrict which extensions were allowed to dial 8+ numbers.

That will handle local 10 digit numbers, but you will need to add rules to handle the special service numbers such as 411, 611, etc. , plus any others that don't fall into the other categories.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.