Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound Rule strip more than 9 digits

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by oliveifc, Nov 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliveifc

Hello, We have 3CX servers spread in several countries and need to add an outbound rule that strip more than 9 digits for international calls, in order to send call direct from one site to other, instead of use PSTN.
    For instance to call Brazil we dial:011551134042000, but wants to strip first 11 digits and send only 2000 to destination.
    How can we do it?
    Thank you

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Are the sites bridged to one another?

I am not exactly sure of your scenario. I understand the desire to strip 11 digits, but where will the remaining "2000" direct you? If the systems are not bridged, then you may want to consider this and the instructions on how to set up are in the manual as well as the blog.

Here is a link that may help in understanding and setting up a bridge between systems:

http://www.3cx.com/docs/connecting-offices-bridges/

I am not sure if I am addressing your need/question, but if not, then please provide some more info.

3. oliveifc

Hello,
    Bridge is done and working, with outbound rule is only 2000, and direct sent to Bridge , it works.
    Problem is that users may dial using international number, and we need to strip 11 digits.
    I need to find a way to strip more than 9 digits, some other bridges it can be up to 13 digits.
    Thank you

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the system does not appear to support this at the moment. You will need to submit a feature request or call 3CX provided you have a maintenance contract.

In the meantime you may have to generate some rules that deny users the ability to the dial the specific international numbers of concern that require stripping more than 9 digits. Or, if it is a universal concern, you might look into the country calling set-up in 3CX which may eliminate the need for a lot of individual rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.