Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Outbound rule understanding problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by John Ranger, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Ranger

Hi all,

I am trying to implement the Stripping of our swiss national Country prefix +41 and replace it with a 0 because when I dial a number in the international +41 xxx xx xxxx Format - I get a "number is not known" Audio prompt from our VoiP Provider (not 3CX PBX).

e.g:
    - if I dial: +41 58 568 04 60 --> unknown number audio message from Provider
    - if I dial: 058 568 04 60 --> Call gets passed through correctly

So I have implemented a high priorized Outbound rule (higher than our Standard trunk Outbound rule) which Looks like this:

- Calls to number which starts with prefix: +41
    - Calls from Extensions: 000-999
    - Strip 3 Digits (the +41 - Hint: I also have tried already with Stripping 2 Digits (the 41))
    - prepend 0

If I apply this rule, I still get the "unknown number Audio prompt" from the VoiP Provider.

Questions:
    1. How would I achieve the Stripping of +41 and adding the 0?
    2. How can I see which number has been actually dialed by the 3CX phone System?
    Environment:
    • OS PBX: Windows Server 2008 R2
    • 3CX PBX: 15.5.3849.1
    • 3CX Win phone matching to PBX Version
    • Provider: Switzerland Sipcall-based
    Thanks for your Feedback and

with Kind regards,

John

2. John Ranger

I found a solution:

To all which have the same Problem:

In order to Strip +41 and replace it with a "0", you have to use the following rule:

- Calls to number which starts with prefix: 41
    - Calls from Extensions: 000-999
    - Strip 2 Digits (the 41)
    - prepend 0

For an unknown reason, 3CX auto-strips the "+" from the entered Number.

So this is a Problem if you want to generally replace "+" and replace it for example by "00".

With Kind regards,

John

#2 John Ranger, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad the issue is resolved and thank you for sharing your solution. The issue is probably caused because e164 rules are applied and the + is removed prior to the number reaching the outbound rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.