Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound Rule using '+'

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigray, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigray

Hi,
    I have a problem with many numbers stored and sync'ed with Outlook that start with '+'. I seem unable to write a rule to recognise this type of number when the user calls using the Outlook plugin.

e.g. Phone number store in Address book is +62411 111 1111

Rule
    Calls to numbers starting with : +62
    Calls to Numbers with a length of : 13

Strip 3 digits.
    Prepend 0

The problem is that the 3CX system seems to ignore the '+', which means international pre-code. How can we look for the '+' ?

Thanks,

Craig

2. darthzejdr

Can you try making a rule for 62 only?

I just tested it and my call to +385... gets matched with 385 rule

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You should be able to come up with a set of rules that will recognise (number of digits, and/or country codes) that a number is international, and add on the required prefix, before sending out to your provider.

4. markshehan

markshehan New Member

I thought (not tested though) that if you filled in the international dial code in the Advanced Settings that it swapped the + with that code. And I thought that was before any outbound rules applied. So then you could match the 0062 rather than the +62

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I thought about that, but hadn't tested either. Everything I could find in the forum mentioned converting incoming caller ID (+, 00), in the advanced settings, and not modifying outgoing international dialling (other than post on the 3CX phone).

6. craigray

Thanks all. I will try out the advanced settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.