• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound Rule using '+'

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigray

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a problem with many numbers stored and sync'ed with Outlook that start with '+'. I seem unable to write a rule to recognise this type of number when the user calls using the Outlook plugin.

e.g. Phone number store in Address book is +62411 111 1111

Rule
Calls to numbers starting with : +62
Calls to Numbers with a length of : 13

Strip 3 digits.
Prepend 0

The problem is that the 3CX system seems to ignore the '+', which means international pre-code. How can we look for the '+' ?

Thanks,

Craig

Can you try making a rule for 62 only?

I just tested it and my call to +385... gets matched with 385 rule

You should be able to come up with a set of rules that will recognise (number of digits, and/or country codes) that a number is international, and add on the required prefix, before sending out to your provider.

I thought (not tested though) that if you filled in the international dial code in the Advanced Settings that it swapped the + with that code. And I thought that was before any outbound rules applied. So then you could match the 0062 rather than the +62

markshehan said:
I thought (not tested though) that if you filled in the international dial code in the Advanced Settings that it swapped the + with that code. And I thought that was before any outbound rules applied. So then you could match the 0062 rather than the +62

I thought about that, but hadn't tested either. Everything I could find in the forum mentioned converting incoming caller ID (+, 00), in the advanced settings, and not modifying outgoing international dialling (other than post on the 3CX phone).

Thanks all. I will try out the advanced settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArjenDsnty
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.