• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outbound Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

xc99tour

Reaction score
I ran into a situation with outbound rules.

I have a PSTN line which handles local traffic and a VoIP provider that handles long distance traffic. If my PSTN line is busy, calls forwarded to it just disconnect. Opps.

I have extensions set up to dial my mobile number (local number) if my handset is RNA. If my PSTN line is busy, the call is dropped.

So there needs to be a way for outbound rules to provide for "overflow", i.e. allow calls to use a second path if the primary is not available. The same would hold true if my VoIP was down and I need to make a LD call.

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will think how to implement such an ability. But we're trying to have good balance between easy-to-use and complexity of tasks to be performed, and right now we don't see a way to implement this easy enough. I mean, easy enough for settings to remain clear and understandable to end user.

This is definitely a feature we want to implement and will be considering it for a future version

Thanks Nick! It's good to see there is someone there who understands your true market!

VoIP Outbound Rule suggestion:

I can choice voip provider but i can't choice "line" under provider.
I have two account at one provider. I want create rule some extensions a account and other extensions another account.

You must add line choice at menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.