Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound Rules For Virtual Extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by shannon, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shannon

Good day all I am a bit new to the 3xc experience and need some help. I have an 8 port grantstreem PSTN gateway; I need to allow all outbound overseas calls to route to 2 ports on the gateway with virtual extension 10000 and 10001. How do I create outbound routes per port (or virtual extension)?
    Thanks all

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When you created the PSTN trunks you gave each one a name.When you create the outbound rules for your overseas numbers you'll have to choose which trunks (routes)the calls will use, and a second or third choice if the others are busy. This should be a drop down menu so the choices will only be there if you have already created them.

3. shannon

Thanks for the reply. The thing is when I add the pstn gateway which has 8 ports (I am assuming that this is the trunks) and I try to create the outbound routes I can only select the entire gateway what I need to be able to do is select the individual virtual extensions in the gateway (trunks). Correct me if I am wrong but if I apply what you surgest wouldn’t all the ports on the gateway be affected by the route (I only need 2 to apply to overseas calls).

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I haven't used that particular Grandstream myself. I'm assuming it allows connections to 8 individual PSTN lines. Does it not allow each line (trunk) to be set up as a separate trunk in the 3cx, each using the same IP but different ports, ie. 5060, 5061, 5062... Otherwise it would only be good for something like a hunt group where you didn't care which line (trunk) you went out on or came in on.

5. galal202

galal202 New Member

Hello
    prefix to specify port
    according to this settings
    if you dial 991xxxxxxxxxxxx the call goes to port 1
    if you dial 992xxxxxxxxxxxx the call goes to port 2
    if you dial 993xxxxxxxxxxxx the call goes to port 3
    if you dial 994xxxxxxxxxxxx the call goes to port 4

Attached Files:

6. shannon

Hi guy ok so i gust got a patton 4114 and need to have the same configuration any help will be a great help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.