Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound Rules

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by davidjeastiii, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidjeastiii

I am connecting to 11 PSTN lines through an 8 port and a 4 port AudioCodes gateway. When I add an outbound rule the only options I have for the route are the two gateways, not the individual lines on the gateways. I need to route outgoing calls from certain ring groups to specific lines, not just to the first open line on the gateway... Is there any way I can do this?

2. AndreasMetal

I think, that DID helps you (if i understood right..)

3. davidjeastiii

Thanks for replying, but I just read up a little on DID in the 3cx user manual as well as a couple other places, I dont think that is quite what I am going for. Just want a way to map outgoing calls form extensions or ring groups to specific registered lines as opposed to the whole gateway, it allows you to route calls coming in on each individual line to an extension or ring group, you should be able to follow the same route for outgoing calls from those extensions or ring groups.

for example...

line 10001 is port 1 on gateway 1, in the initial setup i was able to set it up to route incoming calls on that line to ring group 200. When creating an outbound rule that applies to all calls from ring group 200 I would think that I should be able to set the route to line 10001, not just gateway 1 or gateway 2.

I am trying to figure out why mapping specific lines to specific extensions or ring groups works in one direction (incoming) and not the other (outbound), and if there is anyway to work around it and make it make it work.

4. h2009

h2009 Member

If you goto outbound rules, you can just type the extension numbers in the outbound rules you wish them to use.

i.e.

If you've got 3 out bound rules.
    rule 1) using vonage - for ext between 100-105
    rule 2) using voip - for ext 666
    rule 3) using sipgate, {route2, use BT if sipgates lines are busy/not working} - for ext 106-110

Any extensions you dont want to the ability to call out,
    do this: rule 4) using no account (i.e. no route) - for ext 111-113

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. davidjeastiii

The DID's did work, as far as I can tell. I was mistaken when I said I didnt think that was what I was going for, I read up a little more on it and I think that is exactly what I needed... thanks AndreasMetal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.