• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

outbound rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

richo81

Free User
Reaction score
Hi i've recently setup 3cx and having some issues with outbound calls to mobiles.
I'm in Australia and have set an outbound rule with prefix 04 and numbers in length 10 digits but doesn't seem to work. Also having issues when dialing local numbers using the local area code - just incase a user did this by accident. I've had a look over the outbound call guides but am a noob and must be missing something simple.

internal calls, inbound and local outbound (without the area code) work OK.

any help appreciated.

got this working. i had changed the outbound caller id to another number. seemed to be stopping outbound calls to mobiles.......:?

Some provider do not allow you to send caller ID other than one they have assigned to you. If you check the 3CX Activity Log, right after a call, it will show what digits you've sent, and any rejection message if the call didn't go through.

You should be able to get a list of acceptable number formats, that your provider will accept, for dialled calls. Some are flexible, and some require a "full" national number, as you could be located anywhere in the country. In that case, there really isn't such a thing as a local number with no area code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.