outbound rules

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by richo81, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richo81

Hi i've recently setup 3cx and having some issues with outbound calls to mobiles.
    I'm in Australia and have set an outbound rule with prefix 04 and numbers in length 10 digits but doesn't seem to work. Also having issues when dialing local numbers using the local area code - just incase a user did this by accident. I've had a look over the outbound call guides but am a noob and must be missing something simple.

internal calls, inbound and local outbound (without the area code) work OK.

any help appreciated.

2. richo81

got this working. i had changed the outbound caller id to another number. seemed to be stopping outbound calls to mobiles.......:?

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Some provider do not allow you to send caller ID other than one they have assigned to you. If you check the 3CX Activity Log, right after a call, it will show what digits you've sent, and any rejection message if the call didn't go through.

You should be able to get a list of acceptable number formats, that your provider will accept, for dialled calls. Some are flexible, and some require a "full" national number, as you could be located anywhere in the country. In that case, there really isn't such a thing as a local number with no area code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.