Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outbound SPA3102 asking for CIC

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by amos.max, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amos.max

Hi All,
    I am trying to configure an SPA3102 for a PSTN line. Inbound calls are working fine, but outbound is giving me a funky message. The (some) call is initiated, but I then get an automated message ("...if you dialed a five-digit code, that code has changed and that you must redial by adding a one and a zero ..."). I researched the message and it seems like it's referring to a missing CIC number (http://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Common_Carrier/FAQ/cic_faq.html).

In other words the outbound call is being routed correctly to the SPA3102, but obviously there is some setting missing on the LinkSys.
    Has anyone seen this before?

Thx in advance!
    Rgds - Marcus.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This would be coming from the PSTN line. You can confirm that by waiting for the recording then picking up an extension phone on the same circuit and then unplugging the 3102 from the line. The status page on the 3102 should show that last dialled number, just dial that from a phone and see if you get the same thing. CIC codes (casual LD access codes) did change a long while ago to accommodate more providers, does your 3CX dialplan handle this properly?

3. voipbaennjer

Make shure not to strip any digits in the outbound rule of 3CX to the SPA.
    This sounds like your Telco has received an incomplete number...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.