Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

outdial number in voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tsteffens, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsteffens

We currently use a nortel system and when playing the voicemail message the user can enter 7 to be forwarded to cell phone.

The way I have duplicated this in 3cx is to create a digital receptionist as my voicemail greeting. Then have 7 dial an extension that I have setup with my mobile. Then if no 7 is pressed the timeout goes to my voicemail.

Is there a different easier way of doing what I am thinking here or is the way I have it setup the only way?

2. willow

willow Member

the voicemial only allows * out to the operator. i am thinking that your way is the best way to do it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

"*"--> operator--> forwarded to -->Digital receptionist ---> short auto timeout to a selection---> forwarded to dummy extension--> forwarded to mobile number.
    Of course this would only work for one person in the whole PBX without allowing a "selection" when they hit the DR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.