• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Outgoing Call no busy if 486 SIP message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tifoso

Reaction score
I'm running in a new installation and have the problem with outgoing calls.
If somebody calling outside to PSTN and the destination number is busy I don't have the busy dial tone.

Error Message from 3CX system:
Call or Registration to +43452211468@(Ln.10000@SIP Trunk Test) has failed.
10.254.25.180 replied: 486 Busy Here; from IP:10.254.25.180:5060

BTW: also for other error sip messages I have the same problem.

How I can configure the tones in 3CX?
Do i need a gateway to handle this?
Or is it a problem with the provider?

BR Silvan

Hi,

thank you for your answer. That helps for the meantime but I don't like the message.
is it possible and allowed to upload (in System Prombts Settings) a other wav file with a classical busy tone?

BR, Silvan

In the Custom Parameters table, there was an option called BUSYPROMPT as I recall. You could toggle that and change the busy recording to a busy tone.

okey I understand and it works with the default system prompts.

But we have also other SIP error messages e.g. "408 Request Timeout". where I can find the matching table which error match with the system prompts?

This came up a while ago. There is no table, as such, that links specific SIP messages with recordings. You could always check to see if a feature request for this has been submitted, and up-vote it, or submit one yourself. A request time-out (if that is what you receive) would seem to indicate that something went wrong at your providers end, or beyond. I would contact them if this is a regular occurrence, especially calling the same number, or a number in the same region/country. It could mean that a number you are dialling is in error, or it might even be a routing issue that they are unaware of.

You can create custom promptsets if you want from Settings --> System Prompts. You start by copying the default one of the language you want, then you can replace individual .wav files.

As leejor said, there is no mapping, but if you know the message that is played back, you should be able to find it as the is a transcribe of each .wav file in the list.

It think that the issue will sometimes arise when a call fails, and a "rarely used" SIP message is returned by a provider.They are then are lumped together with more common responses, and sent to one recording. You can change the recording, but the originator may not be getting the most accurate explanation of why the call didn't complete properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.