Outgoing Call no busy if 486 SIP message

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tifoso, Jan 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tifoso

I'm running in a new installation and have the problem with outgoing calls.
    If somebody calling outside to PSTN and the destination number is busy I don't have the busy dial tone.

Error Message from 3CX system:
    Call or Registration to +43452211468@(Ln.10000@SIP Trunk Test) has failed.
    10.254.25.180 replied: 486 Busy Here; from IP:10.254.25.180:5060

BTW: also for other error sip messages I have the same problem.

How I can configure the tones in 3CX?
    Do i need a gateway to handle this?
    Or is it a problem with the provider?

BR Silvan

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3. Tifoso

Hi,

thank you for your answer. That helps for the meantime but I don't like the message.
    is it possible and allowed to upload (in System Prombts Settings) a other wav file with a classical busy tone?

BR, Silvan

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the Custom Parameters table, there was an option called BUSYPROMPT as I recall. You could toggle that and change the busy recording to a busy tone.

5. Tifoso

okey I understand and it works with the default system prompts.

But we have also other SIP error messages e.g. "408 Request Timeout". where I can find the matching table which error match with the system prompts?

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This came up a while ago. There is no table, as such, that links specific SIP messages with recordings. You could always check to see if a feature request for this has been submitted, and up-vote it, or submit one yourself. A request time-out (if that is what you receive) would seem to indicate that something went wrong at your providers end, or beyond. I would contact them if this is a regular occurrence, especially calling the same number, or a number in the same region/country. It could mean that a number you are dialling is in error, or it might even be a routing issue that they are unaware of.

7. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You can create custom promptsets if you want from Settings --> System Prompts. You start by copying the default one of the language you want, then you can replace individual .wav files.

As leejor said, there is no mapping, but if you know the message that is played back, you should be able to find it as the is a transcribe of each .wav file in the list.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It think that the issue will sometimes arise when a call fails, and a "rarely used" SIP message is returned by a provider.They are then are lumped together with more common responses, and sent to one recording. You can change the recording, but the originator may not be getting the most accurate explanation of why the call didn't complete properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.