Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Outgoing call number choice

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3CXitelium, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3CXitelium

Hello,

The 3cx system in this case is in version 15.5.9348.3 with a professional license.

A customer where we installed this 3cx want to choose which number is displayed when he make a call. So for that we can use the "Called ID" option. But this customer has several company with different number. So when he make a call for one specific company he want to choose another number to be displayed. So he change that for almost all call he make.
    I know we can choose which number is displayed with a prefix number when we have several SIP Trunk but in this case we can't have several trunk.

There is a way to choose which number is displayed when making a call without several SIP Trunk and without editing the caller id every time ?
    I know that this request was asked a lot of time but I maybe in the version 15.5 is possible now ? Or do you know if in a next version it will be possible ?

Thank you very much for your help

Alex
    itelium GmbH

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @3CXitelium

I'm afraid you'll need multiple sip trunks in order to do this. Some providers will let you register multiple sip trunks with the same account, setting a different Caller ID for each trunk, but you'll need to check with your provider to see if this is possible.
    The only thing that you can do with just one sip trunk, is to have a different caller ID per extension.
    But in this case you'll need to call out from different extensions to use a different caller id.
    If you think this would be helpful, let me know to send you some how to instructions for this.

3. 3CXitelium

Hello @mariosM_3CX

Thank you for your answer.
    Ok I understand. Yes I already planned this workaround for the customer because our SIP Provider doesn't allow multiple trunk. But do you know if 3cx will make this functionality available in the next version ?

I have another idea. Maybe I can develop a small program using your API where I can edit and modify the caller id of the desire extension before making the call. So my question is : With the 3cx API is it possible to use a command to edit the caller id ?

Thanks for you help

4. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Actually, we have a 3CX add-on for this very purpose. "3CX Caller ID" is a tiny web portal that you log into using your 3CX extension and voicemail PIN. By logging in with your extension, we now know which extension should be updated. In the portal you select from a list of DIDs which number you want presented for your next call.

To setup the application, you create a list of "organizations" and assign a DID to each organization. Also, you set a "default" number for each 3CX extension. Then, when you want to make an outbound call "as" one of the companies, you simply choose the desired organization from a combo box. Your outbound caller ID will remain the selected "organization's" number until you choose another organization, or you press the "revert" button which will then set your extension back to the default number.

This add-on has at least two useful purposes (1) in your case the ability to call in behalf of a specific company, and (2) to set your caller ID to a number local to the contact your are calling. In this second case, you will get much higher answer rates if the number you are calling from is local to the contact. Often times people, for example, will not answer a call from out of state, or from a toll-free number because they assume it is a sales call.

Be aware, however, that some telecom providers will not allow you to make calls using a DID that is not in their inventory to prevent spoofing, but that doesn't sound like an issue in your case.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    3CXitelium likes this.
  5. 3CXitelium

@voiptoys
    That's exactly what we need ! Thank you very much for these informations ! I visit you website and I saw a lot of useful addons. That's really nice !

But I have one more question: Is it possible to install the 3CX Caller ID addon on a linux server ? Because our server are on debian.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

7. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Currently our tools work with Windows, however, we have made sufficient progress with our Linux development that I can probably get this one working for you with a little help from our support team.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. 3CXitelium

@voiptoys
    Allright thank you very much! I'm ready to test that on a linux server but how much this addon will cost to our customer ? Because he will make the decision if he want to do or not.

Thanks for your help!

9. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

I suggest you contact me directly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.